Spit Bicycle and Pedestrian Infrastructure Project
The Spit Road bicycle route from Spit Bridge to Parriwi Road is part of the RTA Regional route and is critical to linking cyclists from the northern beaches to the city.
Over 400 cyclists commute over Spit Bridge every day.
Council in partnership with the RTA engaged consultants to develop three concept designs to resolve conflicts between vehicles, pedestrian and cyclists on Spit Road between the bridge and Parriwi Road.
The results of the public consultation were reported to the Council Meeting of 7 February 2012, and Council resolved to endorse Option 2.
- The Spit Cycle Path Design – Option 2 – Drawing 2.1 (PDF 2MB)
- The Spit Cycle Path Design – Option 2 – Drawing 2.2 (PDF 2MB)
- The Spit Cycle Path Design – Option 2 – Drawing 2.3 (PDF 2MB)
- The Spit Cycle Path Design – Option 2 – Drawing 2.4 (PDF 3MB)
- The Spit Cycle Path Design – Option 2 – Drawing 2.5 (PDF 223KB)
Option 2 is a two directional bicycle path on the western side of Spit Road from Parriwi Road to the Spit Bridge. The option includes a shared path underpass at Spit Bridge and an upgrade to the Spit West bus stop to comply with disability access requirements.
Detailed designs of Option 2 are now being prepared by consultants.